Dr. Tigli's Bio CMOS/MEMS/Nano Research Team
- CMOS-SAW, Cancer Diagnostics, FET Sensors
- Integrated Microfluidics, Implantable Medical Devices
- Monolithic CMOS-MEMS, Hybrid CMOS-Nano
- Nanowires, VLSI, FEM Modeling
- ASIC, Mixed-Signal Design, FPGA Prototyping
We are looking for PhD students in MEMS (Microelectromechanical Systems), VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration), and Nanotechnology areas to pursue their degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering program at University of Miami. They will be conducting research in Bio CMOS/MEMS/NANO at our state-of-the-art lab facilities.
click here for more info >
Highly motivated undergraduate (junior/senior level) and master's students who are interested in gaining cutting-edge research experience in the following topics are also encouraged to apply.
click here for more info >
- Senveli received Eliahu I. and Joyce Jury Award for graduate scholarship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Our paper "A Surface Acoustic Wave Biosensor for Interrogation of Single Tumour Cells in Microcavities," was published in Lab on a Chip
- Dr. Onur Tigli chaired 4 sessions for the “Nanotechnology and Nanoelectronics” track at the IEEE 58th Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS)
- Dr. Onur Tigli served as a panelist and speaker at the SEEDS and College of Arts and Sciences, NSF CAREER Forum, University of Miami
- Dr. Onur Tigli gave an invited talk titled: “Microfabrication: From electronics to sensors” at the UM Life Science and Technology Park
- Our paper “MEMS Scale PVDF-TrFE Based Piezoelectric Energy Harvesters,” was published in Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems
- Dr. Onur Tigli received the prestigious CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Dr. Onur Tigli received Provost's Research Award (PRA)
- Dr. Onur Tigli received Eliahu I. Jury Early Career Research Award during the annual College of Engineering Recognition Dinner
- Grand opening for the cutting-edge clean room/nanofabrication facility of the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation (BioNIUM)
- Dr. Onur Tigli delivered a talk on Novel Acoustic Wave Sensors at IEEE Sensors Conference in Valencia, SpainToprak, Randil, and Senveli presented three projects at Microtech Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Toprak, Randil, and Senveli presented three projects at Microtech Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Onur Tigli gave a talk on Nanotechnolgy in Biomedicine: Biosensors at Miami Science Museum in Miami, Florida
click here to read more >
Our research is sponsored by NSF. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Copyright © 2015 | All Rights Reserved
Webmasters: Jorge L Gomez & Yagmur Akin
This website is established to give information on our research. All the material (photos, figures, text, results, etc.) on this website are copyrighted. Users are encouraged to contact the author for permission to use any material.